2 mirac missing computers and software

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

refurb

2 mirac missing computers and software

Post by refurb » Sat 11 Dec , 2021 21:17 pm

If this is in the wrong section please forgive my ignorance. Also I am starting from 0 knowledge.

Ok here is the trick, I bought 2 miracs sight unseen after having worked with them in college. In fact there is a posting in here of one of the teachers having issues getting them running correctly with new computers in them after the originals crapped out. I have had some communication with (Steve I believe) however I am struggling to understand exactly what is needed. I have tried downloading vrturning off the denford site however keep running into issues just getting it downloaded correctly. It asks for the Sekkey.tff some of the time and others not and seems to not recognize it when applied. I was told i need to buy software at 395 a seat, which i have no problem with. However, I want to make sure i get the correct software and seat as well as the built in CAM software. Any help is appreciated.

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: 2 mirac missing computers and software

Post by TDIPower » Tue 14 Dec , 2021 1:06 am

To get the correct software you are best to deal direct with Denford, they would tell you what to look for on the machine and possibly have records of what it is spec wise so what it will run. Steve or Martin are your best bet.

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Post by TDIPower » Tue 14 Dec , 2021 1:08 am

To get the correct software you are best to deal direct with Denford, they would tell you what to look for on the machine and possibly have records of what it is spec wise so what it will run. Steve or Martin are your best bet.

If you need computers to run them depending where you are i might have a couple available. If you are interested

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Tue 14 Dec , 2021 17:44 pm

Hi,

Depending on the age of the machine and the control card in them the machines may have run with VR Turning software.

A photo of the control card and the EPROM on it would help. The serial number label would also probably say the software and year of manufacture.

If its newer thatn 2000 Its probably VR Turning. There are some useful links below.

You can download VR Turning but would need to purchase a licence key to be able to register it. VR Milling will allow you to comunicate with the machine and input and run G&M code programs though it is not a CAD CAM package.

If you wanted Denford CAD CAM software that would be QuickTurn 2D Design but you would have to purchase that too. Information on the software packages is available from the main Denford site.

To download the latest version of software:
http://website.denford.ltd.uk/software- ... s-support/

Software compatibility:
http://website.denford.ltd.uk/vista-win ... atibility/

How to back up your software:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5915

USB to serial Adaptors:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5648&p=23310&hilit ... ial#p23310