Novaturn without ATC - VR Turning settings

Help and advice for Denfords lathe control software VR Turning.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

baksik

Novaturn without ATC - VR Turning settings

Post by baksik » Mon 07 Dec , 2020 13:05 pm

Hello,

I have a 2002 Novaturn without ATC. Could anyone tell me how to setup step by step this machine with VR Turning? Every tutorial I have found refers to machine with ATC. My problem is that when I try to run a program i get error "Move exceeds limits", and I assume this is something with direction of X axis. Is it possible to see in Virtual Machine mode my machine without ATC and with correct 0 positioning (bottom right corner)?

I tried to set 0 in Automatic Tool Changer menu, but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance!

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: Novaturn without ATC - VR Turning settings

Post by TDIPower » Tue 08 Dec , 2020 22:36 pm

that doesnt sound like an ATC issue, more that your job exceeds the travel of the machine, so check your material size, zero points and the machine capabilities, When you get an exceeds limits warning it normally will report by how much and in which direction on the milling software anyway. Ive not got mine built yet on the VR turning, still on dos.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Wed 09 Dec , 2020 8:22 am

If you browse the VR Turning CD there is a folder called manuals. There is a setup manual for VR Turning on the CD. You need to set the work offsets first with tool 1 then setup the other tools in the tool offset menu.

baksik

Post by baksik » Wed 09 Dec , 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks for the replies. After researching this topic i think the issue is with Fusion360 post. I found two posts for Novaturn, but they produce Gcode with +X coordinates, where I need -X coordinates. I'm trying to mess with Fanuc turning post, which is avaible in Fusion. There I can choose manual turret and -X coordinates, but still i have problems with it. I think Fusion has problems with genarating toolpaths for front cutting machine. Anyone tried with success to generate gcode from Fusion360 for Novaturn without ATC?

Cheers