IMS Fixture - HELP!

Information and tips about the F1 In Schools, 4x4 In Schools and GT Racing in Schools challenges.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

mbender

IMS Fixture - HELP!

Post by mbender » Thu 26 Oct , 2006 16:01 pm

My IMS CO2 Car/F1 Car fixtures are really frustrating me. Since the base and end blocks are made of aluminum, I cannot tighten the thumbscrews enough to keep them from working loose while the car is cutting out. I even retighten/snug them between sides. This has happened multiple times. I was having success with my first cars, but the more I use the fixtures, the more trouble I am having. The threads are NOT stripped yet. I learned that lesson already and had to replace one of the fixtures.

Love the machine......hate the fixture!

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 27 Oct , 2006 9:51 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, the IMS fixture is a Patented design, and we (Denford Ltd) have no control or say over its function.

Here in the UK, we have our own fixture which will do R-type and D-type cars, so can't comment on the problems your having - sorry :|

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 27 Oct , 2006 10:05 am

I do know some schools have used 2 of the red blocks to secure the bar in place of the single one.

You could modify your fixture and drill out the bar so you could then screw it down from the top into the red base. You would then be able to lock it down with an allen key?

Good Luck!

mbender

Thanks

Post by mbender » Fri 27 Oct , 2006 11:56 am

Thanks Guys, I will try the double red base and allen key ideas. I'll keep you posted! I have 80 cars to cut out in the next two weeks! Whew! :roll: