Baruffuldi tool change

Any information regarding the Denford ZeroCentre ZeroTurn ZeroBore Fanuc CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

pfp
Hardware/Software: Denford zeroturn Fanuc OT

Baruffuldi tool change

Post by pfp » Thu 29 Mar , 2018 20:54 pm

Hi I have a Zeroturn with 8 station Baruffuldi tool changer which has stopped moving.

I was running a program and the last tool was T2 and at the end of the program i always return the turret to T1 but on this occasion the turret stayed on T2. I have tried in mdi to get the changer to move but I hear a single click from the relay and then
nothing. Have also tried the rotary switch and toolchange button but again same thing heard.
Any one got any suggestions?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Baruffuldi tool change

Post by Martin » Fri 30 Mar , 2018 9:28 am

Have you checked the toolpost circuit braker in the back?

pfp

Post by pfp » Fri 30 Mar , 2018 13:08 pm

Hi what I can hear is the contactor clicking in and then a short while after it drops out. I have also watched this.
Strangely went to machine today after not trying for a week or so and before I turned power on I slid the little amp rating sliders on that one and the one to the left of it. Switched machine on and pressed the turret position switch and it worked. I then did this in mdi mode
and it also worked I then tried again and it came up with a fault code 1003 after it had contacted and then dropped out the contactor.
Have since found the pink wires were broken off the rotary switch so have soldered those back on but now it just clicks in and out without the error fault. :?

pfp

Post by pfp » Mon 09 Apr , 2018 23:38 pm

Ok turret now working fully. Turns out there are 2 contactors that operate the tool change cycle c/s 2 and c/s 3
c/s2 was pulling in but c/s3 was not , after manually engaging the c/s3 it now works repeatedly. :D :D :D :D