A favour, please?

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

RobT
Hardware/Software: Viceroy TDS 1/1GB

A favour, please?

Post by RobT » Sat 23 Feb , 2019 17:00 pm

My first post on this forum, and I'm asking for a favour!
Some good while ago , I decided to repaint my Viceroy TDS 1/1 G..B.L., and so I took all the brass plates off to make the job easier and better. The painting was done, but before everything could be finished an unanticipated house move happened. Since then, almost every time I've looked at the machine I've thought "I really must put those plates back on" one day soon. That day arrived last week (you can probably guess where all this is going, and you're right), I can't find the most important one, the screwcutting and feed speed chart that fixes on the front of the gearbox!
Having been involved with PCB manufacture at points of my career, my first thought was to make a new one (from memory, the missing original wasn't in such good condition anyway). To do that I need a good, accurate picture of an original, but the only thing I can find is an out-of-focus photo on this forum.
My lathe is the variety with the 4 stud gears and 4 positions of the rotary dial selector. There are plenty of good photos available of the later version that uses more stud gears and has 5 selector positions (I believe) and has black lettering on a white background, but nothing suitable for me to use to recreate the missing plate that should have tinned brass text on black.
Can anyone help with a good quality photo, in sharp focus with good even lighting and taken from a point perpendicular to the centre of the plate, please? Not that I'm fussy, you understand!
If you've taken the trouble to read all this, then thanks!

dazz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Viceroy TDS 1/1GB lathe, Imperial, stripped down and rebuilt.
Viceroy Taper/Tracer attachment, Shop made cross slide tracer attachment, VSD.

Re: A favour, please?

Post by dazz » Mon 04 Mar , 2019 8:16 am

Hi
Is yours a metric or imperial lathe?
If imperial, I can help with that.
Regards

Dazz

RobT
Hardware/Software: Viceroy TDS 1/1GB

Re: A favour, please?

Post by RobT » Mon 04 Mar , 2019 9:38 am

Sorry, stupid mistake! I thought I'd said, but blame it on age! It's a metric machine, but thanks for the offer.