Denford Educator

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Scottowner
Hardware/Software: Denford Educator Mk1 1961

Denford Educator

Post by Scottowner » Sat 12 Apr , 2014 12:57 pm

I have just bought an Educator lathe in order to learn lathe work. Please advise if the Boxford lathe toolpost and stud from RDG will fit my lathe. Can the Educator be converted to screwcutting ? Thankyou.

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Re: Denford Educator

Post by Andy B » Mon 14 Apr , 2014 16:22 pm

Hi Scottowner,

Is Scott your name? Makes it more pleasant to converse using real names....

If you can get RDG to tell you the dimensions of their stud, then someone will be able to confirm if it fits a Denford topslide.

Can the Educator be converted to screwcutting ? - well, anything is possible if you want to put the effort in. But personally I would not bother. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for your plain lathe, so I'd suggest you 'trade up' when you've got to grips with the basics. Any tooling you acquire in the mean time can all be carried over.

Andy

Scottowner
Hardware/Software: Denford Educator Mk1 1961

Re: Denford Educator

Post by Scottowner » Tue 15 Apr , 2014 10:01 am

Hi Andy. Thanks for message. My name is Roger and I own some Scotts !!!. I did write to RDG but the dimensions they sent were not conclusive,I have to write again for further clarification.My query re screwcutting was based on how easy it would be to convert,I guess you answered that,thankyou. It did only cost me £75.00,and is only missing the tool post and lead screw or lead rod,whichever it had. Cheers Roger