TDS1/1 pcs Help needed

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Kinimod

TDS1/1 pcs Help needed

Post by Kinimod » Sat 09 May , 2009 19:49 pm

Can anybody help me i have had a disaster my lead screw seized and the gear wheel attached to the back of the spindle has broken sheering off about ten teeth. Does anybody know how to get the broken gear wheel off and how i can get another one for it any help would be great
Thanks
Dom
Attachments
viceroy 005.JPG
viceroy 005.JPG (157.59 KiB) Viewed 3826 times

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Post by Andy B » Mon 11 May , 2009 11:46 am

Ouch!

The aluminium shear key is supposed to prevent that from happening.
Sorry, I don't know how they come off on the 5" lathes - on the 280 lathes the gear is a slide-fit on the shaft, retained by the shear key and a grub screw in the side. I can't make out what is showing in your picture on the end of the gear.

I expect the only way you will find a replacement is from a machine being broken for spares - but I think we should be able to identify the drawing so you could get a new one made.

Andy

graham4877
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Re: TDS1/1 pcs Help needed

Post by graham4877 » Fri 12 Jun , 2009 18:51 pm

HI may not help but my tds11gb has a little grub screw/ keyway and it comes off like that. but i have never see one like yours. take your quadrant and all the gears off the top so you dont harm them! then have a good look and may be get some pullers on it?