All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

moray
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Triac VMC

Enclosure gas strut specs?

Post by moray » Sat 08 Jan , 2022 23:04 pm

Does anybody know the specification of the gas strut that holds the enclosure open?

The necessary details on the label on mine have faded.

DavidB
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Triac, Orac

Re: Enclosure gas strut specs?

Post by DavidB » Sun 09 Jan , 2022 20:44 pm

I can't help with the spec as mine has no details on the label shown in the image
gas_spring.jpg
gas_spring.jpg (132.3 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
or elsewhere but the company still seems to be there so maybe will have the details https://industrialgassprings.com/ , that's a US site but their UK office is given as Mitcham.

michael_b
Hardware/Software: Triac PC | CSMIO/IP-M | Mach3 | Vectric Cut2d

Re: Enclosure gas strut specs?

Post by michael_b » Tue 05 Apr , 2022 12:18 pm

I have some information regarding the gas strut. The strut on my machine needs replacing because it is only just strong enough to hold the guard in the open position. The information on the label was badly faded but I made it out to be GS 8962. I have contacted IGS who confirmed it is a valid part number, they can supply a replacement for £106.40 + £16.90 carriage + VAT.

I have had a look for an alternative and found a similar item on the WDS website ref. 550-1022150XX. The original strut and the WDS are both adjustable. the differences between the two is the extended length and the thread. Referring to "L" on the WDS drawing, the original is 365 mm and the WDS is 357 mm. The thread on the WDS is M8, the original is M10. I will make two new rod ends to make the WDS strut fit.

As far as I can see, the current IGS strut part number is a 15G000425MM0150

Michael