Denford Triac 1985

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

eyupyupi

Denford Triac 1985

Post by eyupyupi » Sun 13 Dec , 2009 22:56 pm

Hi there

I have a problem with my Triac build Sept./1985 SN 120650/2. Normally when I switch it on I have to Power it and press the button Abs Datum and the axis go to there datum. Recently the machine starts with a message Keys pressed: and few numbers like 55 33 36. When I press than on the cycle box cycle stop the machine is ready to power it on and the message Abs Datum is coming up but any pressing on the Abs Datum does have no further action. Does somebody know the answer or give me some guidance??

Thanks
eyupyupi
Attachments
Triac 1986.ppt
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 757 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Denford Triac 1985

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 14 Dec , 2009 10:23 am

For those without Powerpoint or viewer I've put it up as an image...

I would guess that the keys pressed message is an indication that the keyboard matrix has failed ... are the keys stuck or maybe water in the back of the membrane ?
Attachments
Triac-1986.jpg
Triac-1986.jpg (296.44 KiB) Viewed 6573 times

Matt
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Matt » Mon 14 Dec , 2009 12:37 pm

Here is a guide to show what number is produced for each button. It should help find where the problem is.

The numbers work there way down, then across. So button 7 produces the number 1. Button 4 produces a 2. Button 1 a 3. Button 0 a 4. Then the next row, button 8 an 5, button 5 a 6, button 2 a 7 and so on across the pad.

The buttons that aren't used (nothing on them) still produce a number so include this in the numbering. Therefore "Feed over ride" is 51. There is no button under the tool icon in "direction", so up is 49 and down is 50.

The end is a bit different so:

Forward 56
Reverse 61
Off 59
+ 62
Cycle start 63
Single stop 64

The stop and start buttons didn't produce a number.
Architectural Model Maker www.matthewwood.co.uk

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 16 Dec , 2009 10:22 am

Either 3 buttons are stuck or there is a electrical fault. It may be worth trying to tickle (gently manipulate) the buttons back to the correct position from under the membrane. The button is a small rectangular piece of metal with the corners folded over slightly. They can sometimes drop down or move slightly.

Remove the ribbon cable from behind the operators and power back up to see if the keyboard panel is the problem

sopysnipe01

Post by sopysnipe01 » Thu 11 Feb , 2010 22:47 pm

eyupyupi wrote:Hi there

I have a problem with my Triac build Sept./1985 SN 120650/2. Normally when I switch it on I have to Power it and press the button Abs Datum and the axis go to there datum. Recently the machine starts with a message Keys pressed: and few numbers like 55 33 36. When I press than on the cycle box cycle stop the machine is ready to power it on and the message Abs Datum is coming up but any pressing on the Abs Datum does have no further action. Does somebody know the answer or give me some guidance??

Thanks
eyupyupi
I appear to have the same malfunction "& so does my triac", did you manage to solve it ?, & if so "HOW".
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheer's.
Bob.

eyupyupi

Post by eyupyupi » Fri 12 Feb , 2010 11:31 am

sopysnipe01 wrote:
eyupyupi wrote:Hi there

Thanks
eyupyupi
I appear to have the same malfunction "& so does my triac", did you manage to solve it ?, & if so "HOW".
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheer's.
Bob.
Hi Bob

The reason for this is the buttons stick to the contact and send the system a wrong signal. You could take the whole panel apart and try to sort the contact problem out.

I will take a different rout and get rid of the whole Denford controll and install a Mach 3 controlled unit.

regards
Eyup

sopysnipe01

Post by sopysnipe01 » Fri 12 Feb , 2010 13:41 pm

How difficult would the conversion you plan be ?, & how much would it cost, my funds are very limited at the moment so a repair of the current panel is probably my only option untill such a time as I have the funds to upgrade it.
Cheer's.
Bob.

eyupyupi

Post by eyupyupi » Sat 13 Feb , 2010 17:54 pm

sopysnipe01 wrote:How difficult would the conversion you plan be ?, & how much would it cost, my funds are very limited at the moment so a repair of the current panel is probably my only option untill such a time as I have the funds to upgrade it.
Cheer's.
Bob.
Hi Bob

I'm sure you can repair it and I will contact you again after my conversation.
Good luck.

regards
Eyup