orac

All info relating to the Denford ORAC CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

biplas

orac

Post by biplas » Thu 06 Nov , 2008 13:51 pm

Hi All,this problem i have with this orac is getting me down.I have looked on the back and the card on the left(analogue speed card for spindle)has 7 lights but there only 6 working.Compared with my other orac which has 7 .One of them goes on and of when you push spindle start.This is the light in the same position that is permantley off on the suspect m/c.The relay on the card seems to work when you press spindle start.Has anyone got any suggestions.Thankyou all in advance.

Steam-Chris

Spindle speed problem

Post by Steam-Chris » Fri 05 Dec , 2008 21:03 pm

If you have the same problem as me, it is the lack of voltage to set the speed, my orac has a similar problem, when you push the motor start button the relay drops in but the spindle will not turn, after some probing with a meter i found there is no speed signal voltage, as this is sitting at 0v the spindle speed is 0. ( I think you should get something like 10v = 2000 rpm, 5v = 1000 rpm, 1v = 200 rmp) I have checked the VFD by using a 2K pot to adjust the speed, the drive works fine so i am now looking to find the problem on the PC1600, PC1623 or even on the main computor card, i hope this helps, i am no CNC expert but do have a little understanding of how things work, if anyboby finds this to be wrong, please correct me.

Steam-Chris

Spindle speed problem

Post by Steam-Chris » Sat 06 Dec , 2008 21:49 pm

Have just solved the problem with the zero volts on the speed control signal line, it was the 10volt Zener diode gone short on the PC 1623 speed control overide board, its the diode located between the power input connector and the signal line connector, the cause of it shorting not known but my guess is the output was grounded at some stage, as it is an isolated supply something had to go pop, hope this may help

Chris