Triac ATC spindle orientation problem

General support, help and advice for Denford CNC machines (old and new)

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Nametab
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac / Fanuc 0M

Triac ATC spindle orientation problem

Post by Nametab » Sat 31 Oct , 2015 21:16 pm

Hi I have a problem on my 1990 denford triac fitted with 6 station ATC. All was working ok until I accidentally opened the guard while machine was drilling . moved Z axis wrong way and got a servo fault alarm .
Reset this and restarted machine but now the spindle will only orientate on the first tool change after program reset.
When it gets to the next tool change (M06) the spindle will not orientate just sits there waiting until tool change time out alarm comes up then it usually orientates and changes the tool as normal but the program will not continue because of the alarm.I have checked that all tool change limit switches etc are working ok .
It seems like what ever tells the drive to start the motor is not working or the drive is faulty or there is a signal locked on somewhere.
Checked all the fuses etc I can find on the drive but I don;t think this is the problem else it would not work on the first occasion. Messed about all day but no success -when I finally put the Emergency stop in the screen displays 1007 drive fault .
Can anyone give me any ideas of what to check next
Thanks Simon

Nametab
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac / Fanuc 0M

Re: Triac ATC spindle orientation problem

Post by Nametab » Mon 02 Nov , 2015 8:38 am

Hi
Further to my earlier post the alarm which comes up when I hit the E-stop is 1008 spindle drive fault -NOT 1007
Cant understand why it will work once but not again -also works in MDI mode
The drive is a lynx -anyone know a source for repair/ replacemant
Regards Simon