Vertical Router Fuse F3

All info relating to the Denford large format CNC routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

3d worker

Vertical Router Fuse F3

Post by 3d worker » Tue 08 Jun , 2010 10:01 am

Hi
What is the correct fuse for Fs3, drivers on the vertical router?
Is it 10a or 6.3a?

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Fuse F3

Post by bradders » Tue 08 Jun , 2010 15:19 pm

Hi, My drawing suggests its a 10 Amp (F rated). F rated = Quickblow

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Tue 08 Jun , 2010 19:46 pm

Many thanks,
I noticed the relay doesn't kick in also when machine is powered up, although the fan is working a treat!
I cant find the Baldor in the device manager!
I have changed all the fuses also.
Thanks for your help!

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 09 Jun , 2010 12:16 pm

The Baldor driver is on the VR Milling CD, try installing again

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Wed 09 Jun , 2010 13:43 pm

The computer comes up with access violation code 005B3B4f. I usually hear the relay click when router turned on, I cant hear this now, and the doors wont open.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 09 Jun , 2010 14:04 pm

I would uninstall VR Milling and Re install. Make a note of the machine you have got selected in the top blue banner of VR Milling and then select this machine when you do the reinstallation

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Wed 09 Jun , 2010 14:25 pm

I tried reinstalling, but still getting access violation code. Why would the relay not click after I turn the vert. router on?
Do you think it has to do with emergency stop and doors not opening?

Will give it a break and try tomorrow.
Thanks

3d worker

Re: Vertical Router Fuse F3

Post by 3d worker » Thu 10 Jun , 2010 8:50 am

I reinstalled the VR milling, checked in the window and the correct vertical router is present. I still cant see the baldor usb in universal serial ports no matter how many times I try to locate it. I have tried to install drivers but to no avail,it says 'driver is working' .
When I start up the machine there is no emergency stop relay clicking in, so maybe its a problem with the machine and the computer connecting. I even tried to connect it to another usb port and it didnt say 'found new hardware' as it usually would, knowing that its port sensitive.
In vr milling, which opens ok, the red lights are behind all x y and z boxes. Downloading flash doesnt come on, and I get access violation code 005B59F1.
Why wont the relay kick in or the 'downloading flash' appear?
thanks

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 10 Jun , 2010 8:56 am

This sounds like windows is not properly communicating with the Baldor control. If the erasing and downloading of flash doesn't appear, then something is definitely wrong with the USB communications, or the control is not powering on or is faulty.
Open the electrical cabinet and power it up (obviously take precautions, and keep everyone away from the insides)
Does the Baldor come on? what is the 7-segment display showing ?
You could try connecting a normal printer-style USB cable from the PC directly to the Baldor - does this make any difference to Windows - is the device now recognized and the driver re-installed ?

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Thu 10 Jun , 2010 9:54 am

Did as you asked, the red leds aren't lighting up in the motherboard. The seven segment display is green and 8 with 2 dots at bottom although not bright.
Still no Baldor, access violation code and no 'downloading flash'.
Will try another cable.
Thanks

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Thu 10 Jun , 2010 10:01 am

I changed the cable and still no Baldor, the same machine worked well before.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Thu 10 Jun , 2010 16:09 pm

What about trying WorkBench?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2051&hilit=workbench

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 11 Jun , 2010 8:56 am

Yes, workbench might tell us something more about the status of the Baldor control.
There is a quick guide to workbench here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2488&hilit=workbench

At first I thought the baldor wasn't powering up, but now it would seem the USB hardware has failed on PC,Baldor or both ?

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Fri 11 Jun , 2010 8:59 am

I installed the mint workbench V5 and went through the process it came uop with 'No controller found communication fault on Com 1

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 11 Jun , 2010 9:04 am

In device manager, USB devices - does the baldor appear when plugged in ? If not, do other USB devices work in this same port ?
If the PC is working ok then I feel we've gone as far as we can - you should contact service :bert: denford :ernie: co :ernie: uk for an engineer to come out

3d worker

Post by 3d worker » Fri 11 Jun , 2010 10:04 am

Many thanks.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 11 Jun , 2010 10:16 am

I have written a reply here this morning and submitted it but it does not apear in the post list though some of my questions have been answered.

The Controller on the Vertical Router is an ESB not the NextMove ST so the machine type selected has to be Vertical Router.

While I understand we need to establish communications for it to work there could also be other issues as to why the E-Stop will not release.

If the machine is in E-Stop I guess the guard is locked?

If so could you press the override button by the E-Stop button and hold it in? It may be the X axis is to the far left of its travel and sat on the overtravel switch preventing the machine powering on. If after pressing the button the power does come on and the guard unlocks, open the guard then release the override button which will put the machine back into E-STOP. Press the E-Stop button in and then manually pull the X axis back into the middle of the travel. Release the E-stop button and the machine should power up.

While the electrical cabinet is open it may be worth trying to connect the Computer directly to the USB port of the ESB controller card.

I would try another USB port or another PC also.