Microrouter Compact

All info relating to the Denford MicroRouter Compact small routing machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Microrouter Compact

Post by Benny » Thu 20 Mar , 2008 17:25 pm

Customer writes in----- I used a computer cord to try and power up the spindle on our demo router and it did not come on. I tried it with the router turned on and turned off, it made no difference. Do I need to have it attached to a computer, with the VRmill running, in order to directly power the spindle? I toggled the switch on the spindle on and off numerous times with no results. Any suggestions?

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Microrouter Compact w/Porter Cable Motor

Post by Benny » Thu 20 Mar , 2008 17:41 pm

With the black machine cable that came with the Microrouter Compact (i.e. similar to a computer cord) plugged into a wall outlet and the Porter Cable spindle motor cord plugged into this black machine cable (i.e. computer cord), the motor should run using the On/Off switch located on the side of the spindle motor. If not, then the motor brushes are worn out or the On/Off switch is defective.

You may also want to try knocking our or blowing out with compressed air, any balsa dust from the top of the motor.

If still not working after trying above suggestions, you may have a faulty motor.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Wed 26 Mar , 2008 10:25 am

In the UK we have fuses built into the plug lead.

Do not try this test with a standard computer or monitor lead as they are fused much lower!

You may just end up blowing the fuse in the plug.