Older Black Micromill - Machine Status Not Ready

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Kholden

Older Black Micromill - Machine Status Not Ready

Post by Kholden » Fri 07 Apr , 2006 15:21 pm

Customer Issue:

“With software running and MicroMill running, I click on the machine icon on right tool bar, says initializing (in green) then goes red ‘Machine Status Not Ready’. When I click to home the X Axis I get the message “Machine Error: Machine not safe – Homing aborted”. Details: Close the Guard!”

Yes the door is closed. Fuses are all good, but not sure of relays.

This is an older Micromill upgraded from DOS to VR and is still running a SmartStep Card

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Sat 08 Apr , 2006 13:05 pm

I seem to remember that some of the earlier DOS Micromills used a different input number into the SmartStep controller for the door switch than the later models.

I'm pretty sure I've had to move the door switch input wire on the orange SmartStep connectors to a different pin when making a DOS to VR software upgrade

Take a look at a recent Micromill Electrical Schematic and note the terminal number where the door switch connects to the SmartStep board & check it against your machine.

(Sorry but I don't have schematics available so don't rely on my answer - check it out)

:shock:

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Sun 09 Apr , 2006 13:44 pm

The guard switch is used to energise a 12V relay which then allows the spindle to run and also sends a signal to the control card.
Open and close the guard and see if the guard relay operates. If not check the 12V and contacts of the guard switch. If yes check where the relay output is wired