Denford easiturn 3 cnc lathe

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

ted

Denford easiturn 3 cnc lathe

Post by ted » Sat 23 Jun , 2007 21:46 pm

I have a problem replacing the two micro switches in the saddle of a denford easiturn 3. The wires for these seem to run through cored and drilled holes in the castings (the one from front to rear seems blocked) so
it seems the saddle may have to be split and the top half removed in order to clear it. any info. would be welcome.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 27 Jun , 2007 9:34 am

Had a quick look for a limit switch arrangement drawing, but only found one for the EasiMill - SK760
Have a look at the sketch book, and if there is one you find usefull, I'll be able to post a photo of it:

viewtopic.php?t=906

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Wed 27 Jun , 2007 11:44 am

If you mean the micro switches for the X then to get at them you have to remove the slide which isn't too bad. (or have you already done that? I don't remember where the wires went though :?

The switches for the Z are at each end of the bed so no worries there :)
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Wed 27 Jun , 2007 17:13 pm

We used to cut the wires as near to the switch/sensor as possible & then either solder the new wires or fit a small terminal block. There is plenty of room inside once you remove the X axis slide.

ted

Re: Denford easiturn 3 cnc lathe

Post by ted » Thu 04 Feb , 2010 14:46 pm

thanks for your assistance I will be able to do as you say but I dont know where the six wires connect when they en
ter the small metal box at the rear. Also not sure how the two metal plates under the crosslide go in.Thank you Ted