Easiturn 3 renew micro switches

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

ted

Easiturn 3 renew micro switches

Post by ted » Thu 26 Mar , 2009 23:25 pm

Is it possible to remove the top half of the saddle on the easiturn 3. I need to do this in order to free a broken wire from the micro switch which runs in a channel to the rear of the saddle. Would appreciate any help also on the two micro switch connections which run to the small box which is attached to rear of saddle. thanks, Ted

techy

easiturn

Post by techy » Mon 30 Mar , 2009 22:34 pm

firstly and to save a lot of typing see post dated 2nd Oct 2008 headed "easiturn datum problem"where a lot of info re sensors switches can be found
next the question for accessing and re wiring the litle monkeys,
first you need to remove the cross slide, this is from memory so i may miss some ops
remove tool posts...... remove front dust/dirt shield..... remove gib keys from cross slide ...... slide cross slide from saddle ..... on the front of the saddle you will see a disc approx 35mm dia remove this (it provides access to the plastic wiring conduit..... remove the sliding dirt covers
you can now see the micro swithes (front and rear) and sensor (front)

you have two options
1) cut the wires and resolder the new sensor leads
this i feel is fine if its a microswitch problem but not for the sensor(this was the solution someone had previously applied to our m/c the wire is very fine and had become brittle wih soldering
2)far more difficult but a better option is to re-route the new wire through the conduit you need to get some new plastic conduit some aquarium shops sell this dia which i think is about 10mm or lab supplies you only need about 400mm so no need to buy full roll lets keep the expense down

reassembly is basically a reverse of removal but whilst stripping down take pictures of everything

techy

easiturn

Post by techy » Mon 30 Mar , 2009 22:41 pm

me again if you need help on access to "box at back of m/c" post again and i will advise