Plotting Problems (DenlCall.exe missing)

A forum for issues relating to the use of TechSoft 2D design and Denford CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

SJH

Plotting Problems (DenlCall.exe missing)

Post by SJH » Tue 03 Oct , 2006 15:20 pm

I did a search on this but didn't find any relevant results.

We have recently been looking into using 2D Design to plot to the VR Milling software.

We have run into a problem however...

For testing, we did a very quick single shape. Then went to "Plot" on the file menu and then to "Ok". Following this, an error box appears stating that a file called "DenlCall.exe" cannot be found.

We thought that this might be another side effect of our RM CC3 network, but this problem holds true on standalone workstations also that aren't related to the CC3 network.

I just wondered where I would find this file. Should it have been installed already or is an extra plugin we would have to purchase?

Thanks.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 03 Oct , 2006 15:35 pm

This is one of our oldish support notes that may shed some light:
A problem has been identified when using TechSoft 2D Design with Denford Extensions on a network.
The problem related to the user wanting to specify seperate directories for the main TechSoft application (with read-only rights) and users data files (with read-write rights).
A new DENLCALL.EXE file has been released that overcomes this problem. All future shipments of TechSoft 2D Design with the Denford extension will have this updated file. This updated file can be obtained by emailing service@denford.co.uk <mailto:service@denford.co.uk>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Technical Information
To specify a new destination directory for the CNC Data files generated by the Denford Extension, add the following entry to the 2DDES.INI file located in the TechSoft 2D Design application directory
[LINKS]
DenfordDataDirectory=N:\MYWORK
See the TechSoft 2D Design help file for more information about the location of its Drawing Data Files
The location of DENLCALL.EXE and DENLANG.DLL is still specified by the following entry in WIN.INI
[Denford Machine Tools]
Directory=P:\APPS\DENFORD\
You can get the latest denlcall.exe here:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/DENLCALL.zip

Have you already installed the denford extension for techsoft ?
Last edited by Denford Admin on Wed 16 Jan , 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJH

Post by SJH » Thu 05 Oct , 2006 12:02 pm

I downloaded the file you linked and created a new package to patch it out to all of our workstations.

Seems to work fine.

Thanks for the help :)

dru1960

Denlcall.exe

Post by dru1960 » Wed 18 Oct , 2006 16:12 pm

I downloaded the file from the given link and installed it but, another file was found to be missing!

DENLANG.DLL

Anybody any ideas

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 18 Oct , 2006 18:22 pm

The Denford extension is a whole load of files, not just the exe and dll

Have you got all other the files installed in c:\denford ?
like c:\denford\data \libs \config etc ...