Techsoft 2d Design missing G-Code

A forum for issues relating to the use of TechSoft 2D design and Denford CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

dixonsca
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Denford Magnum router. (now upgraded to a 3d router using retrofit kit macmotion controller and upgraded stepper motors)
Triac PC
Nova mill
Microrouter
Turn 270 Pro
Unimatic 4th axis
Makerbot Replicator 2
VR Milling 5
techsoft 2d design
corel draw
solidworks
artcam
lathecam designer
quickturn 2d

Techsoft 2d Design missing G-Code

Post by dixonsca » Tue 15 Mar , 2011 10:18 am

Here is a strange one...
We have on our network, Techsoft 2D design v1.13 which we use for out putting to several Denford machines. Our IT people are going through a re-vamp of our network and in the process have and installed Techsoft 2D design v1.28 onto several machines.
The problem is that the .fnc files generated by v1.28 ar missing the z2 code after a tool change.
I have attached two files so you can see the difference.

Dix1 has been generated from v1.13
Dix2 has been generated from v1.28

Any ideas, anyone else had this problem?
Attachments
dix2.fnc
Dix2 has been generated from v1.28
(429 Bytes) Downloaded 1060 times
dix1.fnc
Dix1 has been generated from v1.13
(433 Bytes) Downloaded 1015 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Techsoft 2d Design missing G-Code

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 15 Mar , 2011 11:17 am

I'm pretty sure it's Techsoft which is not outputting the Z move - I'm not sure if there are any options or settings you can look at inside Techsoft?

To be certain it's not the Novamill (metric) post processor, compare all the files in c:\denford between the two machines.
The latest Techsoft to denford post processor can be found here, just to be sure you haven't installed an older version:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678

dixonsca
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Denford Magnum router. (now upgraded to a 3d router using retrofit kit macmotion controller and upgraded stepper motors)
Triac PC
Nova mill
Microrouter
Turn 270 Pro
Unimatic 4th axis
Makerbot Replicator 2
VR Milling 5
techsoft 2d design
corel draw
solidworks
artcam
lathecam designer
quickturn 2d

Re: Techsoft 2d Design missing G-Code

Post by dixonsca » Tue 15 Mar , 2011 11:52 am

I did think Techsoft initially however i am having the same problem now occuring with Lathecam designer when generating .fnc files with the same rapid move missing after a tool change, so thought it may be a generic file they both use ?? i am still investigating the Lathecam problem to try narrow it down.