registration marks on 2D Design V2

A forum for issues relating to the use of TechSoft 2D design and Denford CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

dawn

registration marks on 2D Design V2

Post by dawn » Thu 30 Mar , 2006 16:31 pm

we have just bought the upgrade for 2d design which is version 2, but we are unable to work out how to get the registration marks (opas) on the page so that we can use it with our GRAPHTEC 3000 ,please can you help

many thanks
dawn

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 31 Mar , 2006 9:03 am

We're not sure about this - seems like no-one has ever used OPAS here.

How did you do it in V1 Techsoft ? - we may be able to help you do the same thing in V2

Have a look at UKSignBoards.com forum - they have a few posts about OPAS.

jimble

Post by jimble » Wed 01 Nov , 2006 22:23 pm

don't know much about this but if you have still have the old version of techsoft will the marks not copy and paste into the v2 techsoft?

alternatively if you have a file with the marks on you could import the file into techsoft v2.

i also have a graphtec machine and also have no idea how to operate the opas function so if anyone has any help regerding this issue.......please help.

i understand it will be placing dots or other readable media on the drawing then its simply setting up the machine thats the bit i dont know?

jimble

Post by jimble » Sat 26 Apr , 2008 9:12 am

if you read through the instruction booklet (available as a pdf file from the graphtec website) it does tell you how to set up the registration marks. it is quite tricky. you choose where the marks go and programme the graphtec to read them