Internal Thread Creation in Drawing Impossible to Define

A place to talk about QuickTURN 2D Design - our first Lathe CAD CAM software for a very long time.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Graeme
Hardware/Software: denford

Internal Thread Creation in Drawing Impossible to Define

Post by Graeme » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 0:06 am

Re: QuickTurn 2D Design

Hi and Help, Struggling to create an internal thread (external no problem) - the thread creation icon options disappear when selecting internal lines to 'convert to thread' or draw thread. Is this a known program bug/limitation or could you kindly point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,

Graeme

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Internal Thread Creation in Drawing Impossible to Define

Post by Martin » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 4:12 am

Check that you have the Left Hand Internal Theeading Bar selected in the Machine Tooling window(Options)

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Thu 12 Dec , 2013 22:54 pm

Hi, Went back to drawing program and tried changing to left hand internal thread tool but the icon option still does not appear highlighted for selection. Grateful for any further thoughts!

Thanks, Graeme

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Sat 14 Dec , 2013 23:41 pm

Hi Martin, Just spent more time trying various configurations of tooling and drawing - feeling a little exasperated; could you kindly confirm that you have successfully created in internal thread using Quickturn 2d yourself eg with the 'line to thread conversion' option. If this is the case could you email me or attach an example drawing file? If i don't hear back i'll assume the obvious answer is that it is not possible and there is a problem with the program.

Regards, Graeme

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Sat 14 Dec , 2013 23:58 pm

Yes I tried it successfully before I replied to your original post.

Have you checked you have the latest version?

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Sun 15 Dec , 2013 9:14 am

Can you post a sketch of what you are trying to make. While drawing the internal shape can you try switching to thread from the top menu or right clicking rather than converting the line afterwards.
What diameter is the internal thread? The diameter has to be greater than 14mm to enable the threading bar to fit into the hole.
In the tooling menu ensure the internal threading tool is selected this is normally enabled in place of the 5mm drill. Ensure it is ticked as in use.

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Mon 16 Dec , 2013 8:50 am

Thanks guys, followed advice as suggested, not using the internal line to thread conversion, instead using the thread draw option - which got me to where I needed to be. Cheers, Graeme