Loading of existing g-code file into simulator

A place to talk about QuickTURN 2D Design - our first Lathe CAD CAM software for a very long time.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

JSKRABA
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Loading of existing g-code file into simulator

Post by JSKRABA » Fri 18 Jan , 2013 22:46 pm

Hi
I am working with V1.8 beta.
I am not sure if this was ever available but it would be very useful to be able to load an existing file into the simulate window and run the simulation.
Sometimes I find .fnl fies created by QR2D and would like to see what they are in the simulation.
I know that this simulation can be done in VRturning but often I require to generate code in QT2D then modify it and then simulate it. I can not see where this is available as an option. Am I missing something?
If I am not then can it be added?
Regards JCS

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Loading of existing g-code file into simulator

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 21 Jan , 2013 10:56 am

A gcode file cannot be loaded into QuickTurn at the moment.
The current development plan is to integrate VR Turning more closely with QuickTurn. This will mean VR getting the same quality of simulation and same tool settings.
Watch this space!

JSKRABA
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Re: Loading of existing g-code file into simulator

Post by JSKRABA » Tue 22 Jan , 2013 21:53 pm

Hi
OK I can live with this.
Please when you do as you are suggesting do not forget those who still use the older board machines ie. new version NOT ONLY for use with the new NextStep USB machines.

If you want someone to test this out on the older Novaturn machine with Smartstep 3 board, Serial port and AutoToolpost and report back I am willing and able. You might want to consider reintroducing a G92 option (rather than G32) so I can do some threading again without adding this in after the design.

Watching this space!

Regards JCS