Can I change the direction of machining

A place to talk about QuickTURN 2D Design - our first Lathe CAD CAM software for a very long time.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Weeden007
Hardware/Software: Novaturm

Can I change the direction of machining

Post by Weeden007 » Fri 28 Oct , 2011 17:52 pm

Hi, I was just maching a item that steps up in size twice then goes to a large diameter and the finishing cuts start on the smallest diameter and works towards the large diameter. The tool does not cut verywell at all cutting in an outwards direction!! Is there any way of changing it so it cuts from the outside in?

cheers
Andy

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Can I change the direction of machinig

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 02 Nov , 2011 10:40 am

[quote]the finishing cuts start on the smallest diameter and works towards the large diameter[/quote
This sounds like it should do :? - maybe you need to post a screenshot or photo to explain...

There isn't much choice on how toolpaths are ordered in the software as we've tried to keep it "idiot-proof" by not allowing you to change anything from the "norm"

Weeden007
Hardware/Software: Novaturm

Re: Can I change the direction of machinig

Post by Weeden007 » Wed 02 Nov , 2011 21:02 pm

I wonder if i have something wrong with the data for the tool as when it cuts from the inside out its not really cutting more like shredding the material with lots off vibration. If i were manually milling this i would go from the outside to thr inside.
Ill try and put some pics up later

cheers
Andy