How do I change the Z level cut depth material settings

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

How do I change the Z level cut depth material settings

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Feb , 2007 15:32 pm

The DXF import wizard in V5 Milling is creating too many Z depth level cutting passes.

How do I change it ?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Feb , 2007 15:40 pm

The number of depth passes created is currently dependant upon the material settings, and the material type you selected when starting the DXF import wizard.

Either choose a different / softer material, or create your own settings which will work for the material you are using.

See the picture for how to change material settings.

In this particular material file, the entry for Foam/Balsa is set to 300% step down.
This means that if you are using a 6.35mm cutter and choose Foam/Balsa, the dxf import will allow the cutter to go down in Z by 19.05mm each pass (6.35mm Diam * 300% = 19.05mm)

If you have a soft material that can be cut in one go, then add a new material and set the Step Down to say 500% for example.
Attachments
material-settings-changing.gif
Material editor in V5 milling
material-settings-changing.gif (23.4 KiB) Viewed 3247 times