Using dxf files

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

qegs

Using dxf files

Post by qegs » Mon 02 Jun , 2008 11:23 am

I have created a drawing in 2D design and prodesktop and imported it into V5. I have created a machining plan and checked on screen that it runs okay. However when I connect the machine and start to run the file the machine (vertical router) starts to cut some parts and miss other parts from the same plan. What is going wrong? This has happened with a number of different drawing of varying complexity.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 02 Jun , 2008 16:54 pm

Does the quick info button in VR Milling 5 show all the toolpaths you would expect ?
ie, can you determine whether the lines are missing in the .fnc program produced, or are being "lost" when machining ?

qegs

Post by qegs » Tue 03 Jun , 2008 8:32 am

most of the lines appear okay on the tool path but it shows some unexpected additional lines, when cutting it also lifts the cutter away from the work piece when following some of the correct lines. I have also tried cutting and pasting drawings to make multiple copies of an object, in this case some of the pieces were cut correctly and on others parts of the line were missed out. the problem seems to be most apparent on circle or partial curves

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 03 Jun , 2008 8:43 am

Can you make sure you have the latest version of VR Milling from here:
http://www.website.denford.ltd.uk/suppo ... -downloads

Problems with arc generation have been seen in the past, and the new version may fix the problem.

If you are up to date, then please supply us with the problem DXF file.

Thanks