VR Milling 2 and Micromill

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

WebbA

VR Milling 2 and Micromill

Post by WebbA » Mon 01 Oct , 2007 9:16 am

Finally got machine talking to VRM2, but one slight problem

When I try to plot something, it works fine in Virtual Milling mode, but when I try it for real, I get an error 'Plot out of range' now im using a file which was actually used by the denford guys to show how the machine worked (Bookmark.fnc), its stopping on the command 'Z2' .

Any help? Its a micromill. Seems to stop on Z2 command on a few fnc files

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Oct , 2007 21:50 pm

Don't be fooled by the line that the program stops on - it could well be a few lines further down.
V2 milling was very cryptic about what had gone wrong - V5 is better, but it can still be confusing, as the software is always "looking ahead" to see whats coming up next. Obviously the program stops the machine from going to the limits before even trying.

In V2, the best way to check if you have got your workpiece offsets set correctly is to manually "jog" the machine to the positions that the program is asking for when it shows the error (eg, Z2.000)
Make sure you have the control panel set to show program position, not machine position.

PS - I would also advise an upgrade to the latest V2 from here:
http://www.website.denford.ltd.uk/suppo ... -downloads

I know we have had some issues with imperial numbers not getting converted properly in older versions.