Post Processor and SolidCAM

Anything to do with configuring CAM systems and Post Processors to run on different CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

juli

Post Processor and SolidCAM

Post by juli » Thu 21 Jun , 2007 15:00 pm

I’m at Applied Engineering Solutions in Maple Grove, MN and we have recently finished up 2 toolpath files in SolidCAM using a FANUCOT post. I have attached them to this message. Last month, Dale Kirchner from LabCorp was at my office as I am looking at the possibility of purchasing a new lathe for the college. We talked about the compatibility of SolidCAM to Denford, and he advised me to send you a toolpath file to work with. These two files are turning files.

If you have any questions, you may speak with Corey Scheich. His phone number is 763-420-6600 and his e-mail is cscheich@ae-solutions.com.

Thank you for your help!

Very sincerely,

Connie Hicks

boots
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by boots » Thu 21 Jun , 2007 15:39 pm

Attached are the toolpath .tap files
Attachments
Test Files.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 1247 times

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 22 Jun , 2007 8:13 am

First of all to make the files suitable for the Denford software to read you nead the file extension to be .FNL

I renamed the first file as Testpart.fnl and then tried to simulate.

The file seemed to run fine. I had to set tool 1 as a roughing tool and in your program you had T0303 as the parting tool. (I changed this line to T 0707 as the parting tool on my lathe was tool 7)

I then ran the simulation again.

At the start of our software we have a line ton define the billet size. Your programmed part is 75mm Diameter by 85mm long

I added this line at the beginning of the file then all simulated OK.

[BILLET X75.00 Z85.00

While the part could not be manufactured on the Nova Turn the program created by the post works.

If a part is designed of suitable size and the post is changed to add the billet dimension, and to same as an FNL then it should be fine.
:D