Denford TDS1/1GB Part Wanted

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

preston

Denford TDS1/1GB Part Wanted

Post by preston » Wed 27 Dec , 2006 10:20 am

I have recently purchased one of these. It is missing the label on the top of the headstock,(the one above the backgear lever). If anyone has a scrap machine, I would be interested in buying a replacement label. :)

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 28 Dec , 2006 20:37 pm

Can you describe it ? or post a picture

I have recently seen quite a few old, screen printed, aluminium plates which could be of that vintage - some had gear ratio selector charts on them.

preston

Label for Denford lathe

Post by preston » Fri 29 Dec , 2006 22:54 pm

Hi,
Thanks for replying. The missing label is the Denford makers label at the top of the headstock. I've copied a picture of this from the members projects section.

Many Thanks,
Preston.
Attachments
Denford.jpg
Denford.jpg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 7580 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Sun 31 Dec , 2006 0:05 am

Ok - I'll have a look on Tuesday

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Jan , 2007 16:21 pm

Hi - this is all I could find - looks like it was a batch of faulty ones as the Limited has been painted out.

I'm told the original blue ones were used as shims in later years !
Attachments
viceroy-serial-number-plate.jpg
viceroy-serial-number-plate.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 7543 times

preston

Denford Label

Post by preston » Wed 03 Jan , 2007 18:02 pm

Hello again. Thanks for taking the trouble to find the label and send me a picture. Although its a more modern version, it should look good on the lathe. My address is - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.. Please let me know if you'd like a sae, and or something for it. Regards, John.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 03 Jan , 2007 19:25 pm

OK - I thought the hole centres looked about the same

PS, I have blanked your address for security (there are all kinds of weirdos on the internet)

preston

Viceroy label

Post by preston » Sun 07 Jan , 2007 9:53 am

Hi there, just a note to say the label arrived yesterday (Saturday). It fits very well, the fixing holes being almost on the same centres as the original. I cleaned the surface with meths, then stuck on the label with double sided tape! The original was fixed with round head rivets, three ofwhich had sheared off. I'll post a picture when I can find the camara. It looks so much better with a makers label, thanks for taking the trouble to find it and send it to me.
Regards, John.