Help with the hardware and software of the PP3DP UP! 3D Printer

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

twcartmill
Hardware/Software: UP! PP3D printer
Universal 30 watt metal tube laser cutter

Driver missing on windows 8

Post by twcartmill » Fri 12 Apr , 2013 11:29 am

Hi guys, hope someone can help me with this one:

I recently purchased the UP! pp3d printer and following some issues with driver software on our windows 8 platform we have been successfully printing objects from the printer for approximately 3 months now.

A few days ago I installed a new reel of ABS plastic onto the printer and successfully printed a couple of jobs immediately following the installation of the new reel. However, within minutes of finishing the 2nd job the computer lost communication with the printer and would not reconnect. By this time it was the end of the working day so I shut down and turned off all equipment as I normally do. The next morning the equipment was started up as normal but the connection between printer and computer still could not be established.

Since then I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the UP! Software (both v1.18 and v1.17) several times. I have searched device manager for the driver of the printer to try and resolve location issues (as before) but it has been removed from the list of devices/drivers completely.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them or does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Help!!
TC.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Driver missing on windows 8

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 12 Apr , 2013 11:46 am

I'd try a connection from an XP / Vista or Win 7 machine.
Maybe there have been some extensive automatic updates to windows 8 recently which have removed unsigned drivers.

Have you been through this routine again ?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3919
Maybe the allowing of unsigned drivers was turned off by something (maybe an update)