Cyclone Lathe.

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

jazzman

Cyclone Lathe.

Post by jazzman » Sun 14 Jan , 2007 12:37 pm

Hi,
I'd like to run my cyclone Lathe without plugging in the Hydraulic Pump and removing the auto chuck, (I need the full bore of the spindle),
is this possible? Do I need to edit any setup files? The control is the Denford Desktop Tutor, and the unit with the PCB's and hard drive in the back of the Lathe has a tag dated 2000. Most of the info on the machine plate has been obliterated, but I believe the machine is circa 1995. Hope someone can Help.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 15 Jan , 2007 11:19 am

We could really do with the serial number of machine (eg 60703B)
Or at least some photos of the back panel layout..

We think it may just be a case of removing the power chuck, and forcing the input from the chuck closed sensor, or,
There is also an option in flstep.opt (if yours is a stepper m/c) called SLAVE_PCHUCK where 0 would be off (select manual chuck)

jazzman

cyclone

Post by jazzman » Sun 21 Jan , 2007 23:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. I tried the machine without the Hydraulic Power plugged in , so far so good Thank you.
My next problem is I can only run from the floppy. The machine has been disconnected, and moved, and on reconnection, the computer had lost its CMOS parameters. I was able to reset to 1.44 mb floppy drive, but despite reading the hard drive parameters on another computer,(this one doesn't autoset), the Cyls column will only take 4 digits, and the disc drive shows 5 digits , so I'm foxed.
The machine is the TU150U, with the Baldor Flexdrives in the back.
Is there some trick to get the hard drive set up?

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Mon 22 Jan , 2007 12:35 pm

What size hard disk is it?

I'd try:
1024 cyl
17 sectors per track
LBA Mode

as a good starting point.

Is this a rack based computer inside the machine and if so has this machine ever run with this hard disk in?
Some machines that were fitted with a rack-based PC had the BIOS settings burned onto EPROM so they couldn't be changed. Could this be the case?