Micro router software

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

fis7470

Micro router software

Post by fis7470 » Sat 19 Apr , 2014 2:54 am

Hello,
I am a high school teacher who has a Tech route router. The model number is micro router V4N5. I am attempting to get this machine operational however, I don't have any experience with it. The previous teacher had told me that it "slips" when moving on the x axis. I would first like to start finding out what type of operating software is needed for this machine. I am also hoping that I can download it for free. Please let me know of any advice for this machine.

Thanks

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Micro router software

Post by Martin » Sat 19 Apr , 2014 7:24 am

It should have a serial plate on the right hand side of the machine which will say the version of software it was supplied with. I presume it will be VRMilling 2. The latest version is VRMilling version 2.31 which can be downloaded from the Denford website however it does require a licence disc which you should have. It may be VRMilling 5 which again can be updated to the latest version 5.56 & also requires a licence disc.

The issue of the X axis slipping will be due to a build up of material in the 2 nuts & a lack of lubrication. The machine should be lubricated every few months with a silicone based spray. The spray we use in the UK needs 4 hours to dry so we would leave it overnight, Also the 2 triangular nuts can get clogged up with material. You should be able to remove them from gantry & clean them.