LatheCAM Designer - Dongle / License File

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Mad Professor
Hardware/Software: ---------------------------------
Denford Mirac S/N: E03726A,
Despatch Date: July 1990,
Electrics S/N: 39969,
MIRAC Ver2.25,
---------------------------------

LatheCAM Designer - Dongle / License File

Post by Mad Professor » Sat 31 Aug , 2013 17:27 pm

Good day all.

I am looking for details regarding the PrinterPort Dongle / License File.

I have a PrinterPort Dongle, S/N: 29E2.

Running "Drights.exe" returns the following.
Dongle Package Rights -- v1.30 ( 29th February 2000 )
(c) Denford Limited, Brighouse, West Yorkshire

The dongle identifier is 000029E2
The following packages have permission :-

Editor Easimill Easimill 2 Easiturn
Mill CAM Designer Denford Language Lathe CAM Designer
The only way I am able to run the above software at this point in time is via an old Dell laptop running windows xp.

In an ideal world I would like to run the above software within windows 7 64bit, but that is not possible directly, and the computer does not have a hardware printer port.

So I am looking to run Windows XP Virtual Machine, so this will get around the Software/OS issue.
But the next problem is there is no Printer Port on the new computer, so no way of connecting the PrinterPort dongle.

Is there anyway of getting License Files for the above software so I don't need to use the dongle?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: LatheCAM Designer - Dongle / License File

Post by Steve » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 22:51 pm

I am not sure if we ever released a flash licence for LatheCAM Designer. You may have to get a parallel port adaptor for your computer. I will check with our technical department and see if it's possible to supply a licence as a flash code.

LatheCam Designer was a short lived product and was replaced by QuickTURN 2D which would work with your machine but would be something you would have to purchase.

Can you provide the details of where the software was supplied as we can then check the database. A replacement licence would registered to the user as registered at the time of purchase.

Mad Professor
Hardware/Software: ---------------------------------
Denford Mirac S/N: E03726A,
Despatch Date: July 1990,
Electrics S/N: 39969,
MIRAC Ver2.25,
---------------------------------

Post by Mad Professor » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 9:20 am

Steve, what was you able to find out?

When installing LatheCAM Designer, Part of the setup talks about a Registration Disk.
Please insert the registration disk if you have one.
The registration disk is required only if no security key (dongle) has been supplied.
To continue, click Next.
I did find the following post on the fourm: What type of Flash code does Denford software require ?
Denford Software requiring Old style Flashcode i.e. FLASH.INI and FLASH.EXE on their registration floppy disc

Millcam Designer
Lathecam Designer
VR Milling 2
The software would of been registered to "Chipola Junior College"

Best Regards.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 24 Oct , 2013 15:17 pm

Hi,

As the machine software is licenced to a school in the US we would not be able to issue you with a licence code without charging for this.
A replacement licence would registered to the user as registered at the time of purchase
I am not sure if the software would run on a newer spec PC anyway even if we did create a flash licence file. Also as the product is no longer supported we would not sell a licence file for this product.

If you get a parallel port card or parallel port adaptor for your PC you may be able to use the dongle that you are already using on the older PC.

The best solution would be to purchase a copy of the QuickTurn 2D Design which is able to run on 32 bit or 64 bit systems and is a current product.