Triac NS PC Z axis problem

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Triac NS PC Z axis problem

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 28 Feb , 2013 10:24 am

From the command prompt in workbench type:
NVLONG.1=1
Then hit return
That will hopefully reset the none volotile memory

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Mirac NS / VR Turning
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Thu 28 Feb , 2013 14:52 pm

Denford Admin wrote:From the command prompt in workbench type:
NVLONG.1=1
Then hit return
That will hopefully reset the none volotile memory
Where do I write this? At TriacNS.mnt file? At line 100 ? Overwriting "COMMS(7) = NVLONG.POCKET", like this "COMMS(7) = NVLONG.1=1"? Or at the begging?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 28 Feb , 2013 15:03 pm

In the terminal window - this runs mint commands directly
Attachments
workbench.jpg
workbench.jpg (124.92 KiB) Viewed 6535 times

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Fri 01 Mar , 2013 15:28 pm

When I did that the following message appeared again "Error 37: Non-volatile data corrupted".
The machine seems to be stranger each day. Now, when I turned it on, the tool started spinning, ATC started rotating and started trying to move to tool change position (while rotating).

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Fri 01 Mar , 2013 20:27 pm

I was checking and trying to make some changes in the mint file. I noticed that everything is working, the only problem occurs when the software tries to read nvlong. Can this be related to the fact that I removed Eeprom?
I was able to (by directly activating the output ports) make all steps to tool change.
Two other problems that are disturbing me are: 1. everytime I power-cycle the machine I have to download firmware again; 2. Break is not working, everytime I turn off the machine the Z axis falls.
The break problem is quite alarming, because it is really dangerous. Once I turned on the machine and it started spinning all by it self (no command was given) and it machined the table of the machine. Any idea how to solve these two problems?

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 05 Mar , 2013 10:04 am

It could be worth putting the EEProm back in and try writing to the nvlong location through workbench again.
I didn't think the EEprom held the none volotile memory locations but maybe it is affecting it.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 06 Mar , 2013 11:28 am

I have tested an RS232 nextStep board here and found that removing the EEprom will cause none volotile memory errors so it needs re-fitting.
The older software didn't use the none-volotile memory locations but the newer software uses it to remember the currently selected tool number.
That'll be why the mint stops running with the new software when TriacNS is selected.

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Thu 07 Mar , 2013 15:29 pm

VR Milling 2.16 doesn't use EEPROM? If so I'd better downgrade the software, because the EEPROM got lost, I believe someone threw it away.
If the EEPROM is needed anyway, them where and how can I acquire one?

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 07 Mar , 2013 16:43 pm

This is an older one...not sure if replacing it with a blank one will work though :?
Attachments
NST001-501.jpg
NST001-501.jpg (86.5 KiB) Viewed 6490 times

MauricioTakano
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Triac NS / VR Milling

Post by MauricioTakano » Tue 12 Mar , 2013 12:04 pm

I changed the mint file and tool position datum for tool changing is being stored in a byte from RAM. The problem is that I have to set the initial tool position everytime I turn on the machine. But after that everything works fine.
I will try to buy a new EEPROM and plug in here. Hopefully it will work. I believe it will, because firmware will be installed there and config it. After acquiring the EEPROM I will post here the results.
Thanks for the help so far.