Problems with Windows 7

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

OwenKes
Hardware/Software: MAXIROUTER

Problems with Windows 7

Post by OwenKes » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 16:50 pm

We have recently changed to windows 7 Here at the school i work.

With the change we had an upgrade of computers (out with the old etc) We have 2 Machines at School a MAXIROUTER and a Trenton Pro,

Before with Windows XP i could set the computer to the MAXIROUTER and set its point, then log off allowing users to log on and use it. Te settings were kept on the computer so anyone logging in could use that machine and that point.

With Windows 7 everyone who logs on has to set the machine and set the point.

I have found that swapping between the the two machines i keep the settings of the last machine i was on. It would seem that my roaming profile keeps information and that the computer no longer does.

Is there a way to set it so the computer has the settings for machines not the user? Otherwise i have to reset it it for every student and teacher!

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Problems with Windows 7

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 14 Sep , 2012 9:49 am

Is this VR Milling version 5 ?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Problems with Windows 7

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 14 Sep , 2012 9:54 am

If it is, this document will help:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2970

You should be able to setup the VRMilling.ini file to point to a fixed location for the offsets