license key, micro router v3 (2001)

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

license key, micro router v3 (2001)

Post by littlemoon » Mon 22 Oct , 2012 15:53 pm

my license key does not seem to work. have change pc and uploded the 2.12 version of vr milling (from a genuine denford cd) and its not asking for the licence key flopy to be installed, which i thought it would do. its saying the dongle is not connected. what have i done wrong ?. cheers simon

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: license key, micro router v3 (2001)

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 22 Oct , 2012 16:24 pm

This should help:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2543

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Thu 01 Nov , 2012 22:34 pm

had a bit of spare time today so tried the link, all is good now with software i think :D . just a few minor glitches with the machine to sort one of which is i cannot shut the pc down as the software will not close, pc fault ? software fault ? or router fault ?. another glitch is a box on the screen with some code in it i cannot remove this, i will take a pic tomorow

the other glitches are i think machine faults. first is a homing glitch on the 'y' axis, it will not stop when its reached the end of ist traverse . which way should the router head be moving when homing all the axis, its moving from left to right on the 'x' axis and the 'y' axis is moving from towards the back of the cabinate towards the door, is this right ?, the 'z' axis seem to be fine.

the other glitch is the vacume pump is intermitant, most times it works when you power up the machine. the green light on the button works regaurdless of wether pump is working. when looking inside the cabinate there is a green led that lights up if the pump is working. it seems to work after a few times of turning the main switch on and off a few times. apart from that i think i have made good progress :D 8)

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Fri 02 Nov , 2012 14:11 pm

spoke too soon, powered up the router this morning and the vacuum pump will not work at all now ? also the router is not connecting to to the pc, its showing an error message saying the machine is not connected check the rs232 cable. so i cnnot check the switches. here is a pic of the box on the screen with the code in it that i can't remove

and pic of the bit that lights up green when the vac pump is working ok, it say vpr on it

cheers simon

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Fri 02 Nov , 2012 21:13 pm

For the Vac pump to work you need to set the machine type to RouterV3. The standard router does not control the vac pump.

When you say it does not connect is the 7 segment LED on the Denstep/Nextstep card illuminated?

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Tue 06 Nov , 2012 15:09 pm

right, had another go today. the 7 segment display is lit with a figure 8 but some times you have to switch the machine on and off a few times before the display lights up. also the machine is not connecting to the pc now, it could be the home made rs232 cable but i have not had chance to check (the machine goes through the mint files before displaying the machine is not connected check rs232 warning). i also dont no how to set the machine type to v3 router ?, is this done in the parameter settings ?, its v3 is not available ??.

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Tue 06 Nov , 2012 15:43 pm

update, i have now managed to change the machine type to v3 :) , just need to sort the router/pc connection problem next :roll: . just been watching the display when turning on and off, when the display lights up it starts with an "L" with a flashing dot to the bottom left then turns to an 8 with no flashing dot. i still cant remove the box with the modal data in it. it came up when i clicked on setup then i clicked on tool bars then clicked level 1 and now that box wont shift ?(i dont know why i did this :lol: ) will fetch a multimeter to work tomorow and check the rs232 lead. cheers simon

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Tue 06 Nov , 2012 15:48 pm

i forgot to add that i can now shut the software down to then enable shut down of pc etc :D , dont no what was causing this issue ???.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 06 Nov , 2012 16:35 pm

If the software has setup a process to communicate with the machine, it could be stopping windows from shutting down.

I'd try a re-install if you've got some strange windows that you can't get rid of...sounds like a feature which has been forgotten about which may be stopping the software working correctly.
You need to concentrate on getting the machine to link. The L and 8 on the control card sound normal to me, it must be the PC which can't communicate with the control via RS232 so the cable needs a good checking over.