mirac pc and microrouter

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Re: mirac pc and microrouter

Post by littlemoon » Thu 09 Feb , 2012 15:10 pm

Martin wrote:The F4 needs a plug in control panel so that makes things a bit awkward.

Where are you lacated?
martin, i am based near goole east york, pop over anytime :D

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Sat 11 Feb , 2012 14:50 pm

after a bit of fine tuning the tool changer is now working as it should :D . i tried the program you supplied and i think its not working right. what happens is when you hit start it selects the tool then stops, you then hit start again and it counts the dwell period down then stops (it shows up on the screen counting down from 15, i.e. G04 x15). you have to do this for each part of the program, should it run continuos ?. the G04 x15 is the time or dwell between the tool change, if i put in G04 x10 it would count down from 10 ?. or have done it wrong. cheers simon

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Sat 11 Feb , 2012 15:54 pm

Hi Simon,
It sounds like you have it in "Single Step" mode.

One of the buttons on the task bar on the bottom of the screen should toggle between contious & single step.

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Mon 13 Feb , 2012 13:32 pm

Martin wrote:Hi Simon,
It sounds like you have it in "Single Step" mode.

One of the buttons on the task bar on the bottom of the screen should toggle between contious & single step.
it seems to be stuck in single step. when in mdi it wont come out of single step, when in auto you can select continuos
but when you return back to mdi to start the program it automaticly goes back to single step and you dont have the option to change ?.

i think once this is sorted i will be ready to try writing a program. is there anywhere in the software to do this or actualaly draw a part to machine. i also may have a paying customer who wants 60 small 'v' belt pulleys making (all identical). this would be good project for me to lern how to use the machine. cheers simon

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 13 Feb , 2012 14:37 pm

MDI mode is always in single-step mode.
If you want to run continuous then just type or paste the program into the editor, select AUTO mode, click STOP, reset/rewind and then Start.
(Get into the habit of hitting STOP then Rewind before starting a program otherwise it may try to start from the current editor line)

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Mon 13 Feb , 2012 16:29 pm

Denford Admin wrote:MDI mode is always in single-step mode.
If you want to run continuous then just type or paste the program into the editor, select AUTO mode, click STOP, reset/rewind and then Start.
(Get into the habit of hitting STOP then Rewind before starting a program otherwise it may try to start from the current editor line)

arr right i see, will give this a try when i get a few mins spare . cheers simon

littlemoon
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by littlemoon » Tue 14 Feb , 2012 16:27 pm

littlemoon wrote:
Denford Admin wrote:MDI mode is always in single-step mode.

arr right i see, will give this a try when i get a few mins spare . cheers simon

tried this and seems to be working........... until it gets to line nine and then the machine stops, i tried changing the tool no and also the dwell period but it still stops. if start it again from this point it then seems ok