software help req

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

jpmiller
Hardware/Software: Denford easyturn pnc2
Converted to mach3

Denford triac servo /G simple/quickcam

software help req

Post by jpmiller » Wed 05 Oct , 2011 22:11 pm

Hi I am hoping someone can help me, I have recently acquired a 1997 triac servo which is running on the old software,version 1.29 as I'm new to cnc machining and just getting to grips with my easyturn lathe, I have decided not to convert this just yet. The machine itself is currently running on the old software which was supplied to me when I bought the machine. I think it is fanuc but it has a desktop tutor keyboard,and a dongle thing all the files that this machine reads ends in .fnc, which i currently don't have a drawing package for , so i decided to search the internet for a package that would enable to create drawing/file that the machine could execute, here is my problem:
1. Knowing little about cadcam and drawing on the computer to getting a program that the old machine will recognise.

so I am hoping any of you chaps out there can point me in the direction of where to source/download/buy the old cad stuff that the kids used in the schools to help me on my way. I have tried cambam and i can't get my head round it. but g-simple was sort of okay but when i run the program, no tool changes happen, I put this down to me renaming the file .fnc and not a true .fnc file.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks scotty

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: software help req

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 07 Oct , 2011 8:56 am

Most cad cam programs will allow you to configure the gcode output - maybe there was an option to enable automatic toolchanges somewhere ?
There will also be options to tell it not to output certain g-codes - you really want it to keep the output simple and only produce codes like G0 G1 G2 and G3 and avoid cycles like G81 G82 etc..

If the cam has a choice of post processors, then pick something like basic ISO g code, or Fanuc 6M, Fanuc 0MA something like that...

jpmiller
Hardware/Software: Denford easyturn pnc2
Converted to mach3

Denford triac servo /G simple/quickcam

Re: software help req

Post by jpmiller » Fri 07 Oct , 2011 11:50 am

Thanks will look into this.