DNC link for TRIAC ATC (1990) how???

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

-=PAB=-
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

DNC link for TRIAC ATC (1990) how???

Post by -=PAB=- » Tue 18 Jul , 2006 13:24 pm

i am using triac software v2.4 to send/recieve programs to the mc which works fine- but how do i use the DNC option?? every time i try it goes through the first few lines of the program which it displays on the mc screen and then stops and nothing happens.. i've tried many progs and none seem to work. :?:

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Wed 19 Jul , 2006 12:26 pm

Not sure why this should happen PAB.

An alternative is to use Industrial Text Editor (avail. on denford Website). You can't simulate with it, but you can upload and download progs to the Triac.

And DNC works like this...

If an NC block doesn't end in an 'L' character it is executed as soon as it is received. Eg.
M03S1500
Will immedietly start the spindle as soon as this line is received.

If it does have an "L" on the end, it is Loaded into memory. Eg
M03S1500L

I think line numbers are ignored, and any line loaded are always added to the end of the cnc program

So you can use Induistrial Text Editors "Append Character" function to add L's to the end of you program if you want to load to memory, otherwise it will always DNC

For your info, the Triac Simulation software tries to be a bit cleverer and do things like update the screen etc during DNC, which is why this may be giving problems

hpdrifter
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by hpdrifter » Tue 07 Nov , 2006 17:16 pm

Did you solve this problem with the DNC.
I have almost the identical problem with my 1986 TRIAC and would like to know the solution.

-=PAB=-
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

dnc link probs

Post by -=PAB=- » Fri 10 Nov , 2006 17:57 pm

i had a problem with the rs232 link and also needed to lower the board rate to 2400kbs.. do you have a triac atc ??? maybe you could help i need some switch settings - note my other posts.. cheers.. hope this helps..