DOS CNC program bigger than 64 KB

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

DOS CNC program bigger than 64 KB

Post by bradders » Fri 14 Jul , 2006 7:32 am

Q. I want to edit and simulate a CNC program bigger than 64 KB. What should I do?

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Fri 14 Jul , 2006 7:32 am

A. The DOS offline software can only process data in block sizes of 64KB or less. When you load a program file larger than 64KB, a message will display to indicate that the total file size is too large. Press the [RESET] (or qwerty keyboard equivalent) button to remove this message. The screen background colour will change to purple. The program filename will be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen, as usual. The software will now automatically run in 'drip-feed' mode. This means that when you try to edit or simulate the file, the software will load the file into its' memory in separate but consecutive 64KB blocks, until the whole of the program file has been edited or simulated.

alextaylor23
Hardware/Software: MicroMill
FANUCSMD

Re: DOS CNC program bigger than 64 KB

Post by alextaylor23 » Mon 04 Jan , 2016 1:17 am

I know this is an old post, but is it possible to edit the g-code in fanucsmd if it is larger than 64kb? I have figured out how to run a large file, but not edit it.