Microrouter V3 with no software

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

ChrisO

Microrouter V3 with no software

Post by ChrisO » Thu 19 Aug , 2010 10:50 am

I have recently taken over D&T at a small special school for pupils with speech and language difficulties. As the school is so small I have a tiny budget but I have been able to get access to a second-hand Microrouter V3. There is however no software or dongle with the machine. When powered-up the door lock releases but I can’t get much further without suitable software.
Eventually I would like to convert to VR CNC Milling 5 with a USB upgrade but at present would simply like to test the machine functions without spending too much.
The school does not even have Techsoft V1. What is the cheapest way for me to proceed?

Thanks
Chris

Microrouter V3
s/n H02641 (July 2002)
Electrics s/n U0201180082
Software Version VR 2.14 (It says)
This is a 'Big black box' version with a Denstep board

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Microrouter V3 with no software

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 19 Aug , 2010 11:33 am

email technical :bert: denford :ernie: co :ernie: uk

asking for a v2 milling replacement flash code - think it costs £50 for the original purchaser of the machine/software. Later owners of machines with have to purchase the software

download v2 milling from here:
http://www.website.denford.ltd.uk/suppo ... -downloads

As for designing, have a look for free/cheap CAD+CAM software on google which can create standard fanuc g-code