Autodesk Inventor - Quickcam Pro- Denford Compact 1000 Pro

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

denisandryley

Autodesk Inventor - Quickcam Pro- Denford Compact 1000 Pro

Post by denisandryley » Mon 22 Mar , 2010 0:41 am

When converting Inventor .stl files through Quickcam pro for use in our Denford Compact 1000 Pro it inserts random G00 lines that exceed the machine limits. Is there any way of correcting this? maybe a reward :loads-a-money:

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Autodesk Inventor - Quickcam Pro- Denford Compact 1000 Pro

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 22 Mar , 2010 11:53 am

Make sure ramp in radius is set to it's lowest value (0.1mm) and drop safe height to 1.0mm in each of the machining plans.
You will still need around 5mm clearance above the top surface of the billet (Z0)

denisandryley

Post by denisandryley » Tue 23 Mar , 2010 3:21 am

thankyou very much for your support, it worked very well. and we now have no problems with our machine. thank-you very much again :D

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 19 Apr , 2010 9:06 am

As someone else is having a similar problem, I've done a screenshot of the bits that need changing:
Attachments
quickcam3d-safe-height.gif
quickcam3d-safe-height.gif (23.07 KiB) Viewed 6178 times

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Mon 19 Apr , 2010 10:51 am

This problem occurs when the machine datum is set close to the end of an axis travel. The software trys to aproach the work by feeding in in an arc. This can go outside the billet which is where the problem lies.

If the billet was positioned 10 or 20mm inside the working envelope of the machine then the feed in moves will not cause the machine to overtravel.

TCG

Re: Autodesk Inventor - Quickcam Pro- Denford Compact 1000 P

Post by TCG » Tue 17 Apr , 2012 5:21 am

Denford Admin wrote:As someone else is having a similar problem, I've done a screenshot of the bits that need changing:
Sorry for any inconvenience, but would you tell me where I could find the 'Edit parameters for the new plan' toolbox? I have been looking for a while, but I cannot find it.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autodesk Inventor - Quickcam Pro- Denford Compact 1000 P

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 17 Apr , 2012 8:44 am

Those parameters appear when you add a plan.
If the plan already exists then double click on the plan in the right-hand list (or highlight it and click the Edit button)