help with using lathercam designer please

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: help with using lathercam designer please

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 26 Mar , 2010 10:43 am

Apologies for Bradders' bad mood day! :shock: {:<>}

... Anyway, moving on...
QuickCAM 3D is still a good product but we don't sell it anymore (for reasons only sales & marketing types would understand) - there is also no way to try it out first.
However, if you bought QuickCAM 2D and QuickTurn, I'm sure we could sort out a license for QuickCAM 3D v3 - probably under the proviso we won't be able to support it.

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Fri 26 Mar , 2010 13:54 pm

Perhaps someone else could help then, as I had already installed it and it is not working.

I think site admin said I might be able to contact Denford and purchase the quickcam2d and 3d together. presumably so I could get the 3d bit to work, I guess to save the expense of buying the presumably more expensive product as I will not be making anything very complicated with it, only very simple milling like someone would do by hand.

So that being the case (i.e. Denford might sell me both together), has anyone any idea as to why quickcam 3d won't run in demo mode i.e. the desktop only flashes and then does nothing; Oh, and also when the screensaver came on a bit later (doing 3d pipes), the screen went black instead and locked up, requiring a re-boot of windows xp.

Anyone had this experience ?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 26 Mar , 2010 14:38 pm

QuickCAM 3D is a slightly older product now, and didn't have any demonstration modes like QuickTurn 2D and QuickCAM 2D...if you don't have a license for QuickCAM 3D it just won't run at all.
The screensaver issue may well be related to the OpenGL driver or graphics memory being low on the netbook

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Fri 26 Mar , 2010 22:36 pm

Thank you for the help, and your apologies accepted; it's appreciated.

I didn't know you had written your last post when I replied asking (again, sorry) about making it work, so I fully understand now. I will ring Denford next week to find out about those products.

Thanks again.