have new software, will it work with my denford machines ?

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

have new software, will it work with my denford machines ?

Post by audio.fi » Wed 09 Sep , 2009 18:10 pm

Hi,

I have recently been given some software from the shool where I obtained the Novamill and Novaturn from. They are :-

Mill CaM Designer 2,

2D Design version 1.12 by Techsoft Design Tools,

Mini CAM version 1.0 or 11.0 (hand written on disc, so not sure), by Delcam dated 12/11/99.

Denford CAD/CAM Archiver Student Support cdrom.

Focus on Design Technology "Resistant materials" Staff edit programme (dated 1998).

Is any of these applicable to the novamill and novaturn I have ?
I am presuming that they might have come with the machines when they were new.

I have the product key for the mini CAM but none of the others, but perhaps someone could tell me if they require any.

The Mill Cam comes on 2 floppy disks and from looking at the files, the folppy has the flash code i.e. it has a file called "flash.ini" and it has a code in it and says registered to teh shool it got the Miller and lathe from. However, I wanted to install it on my home machine which is on win xp, and for some reason, will not install, even in compatibility mode. It starts up files called setup.exe and wowexec.exe (from the tak manager screen), but then does nothing. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: have new software, will it work with my denford machines ?

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 10 Sep , 2009 9:49 am

You could try the last version of Millcam here http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/millcamdesv2_2a.zip
This is working on my XP machine, but can't remember if I had to do anything special to get it working - have a feeling you have to create c:\denford and copy the files from the MILLCAM folder in the .zip
Then copy & paste your flash code into mcd2.ini in Notepad

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Wed 16 Sep , 2009 3:50 am

Denford Admin wrote:You could try the last version of Millcam here http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/millcamdesv2_2a.zip
This is working on my XP machine, but can't remember if I had to do anything special to get it working - have a feeling you have to create c:\denford and copy the files from the MILLCAM folder in the .zip
Then copy & paste your flash code into mcd2.ini in Notepad
Thanks for the info.

I followed your instructions and it has loaded up but when I hit the o.k. button on the material size start screen, it comes up with something like "millcam was unable to find the machine tool speeds and feed file".
There are some zip files in the folder but these won't extract saying they are either of unknown format or corrupt.

Any ideas ?

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 17 Sep , 2009 10:44 am

Did you unzip the file before you installed or did you try to install from withing the Zip folder?

I would download again, unzip the file then uninstall from add remove programs then reinstall again.

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Thu 17 Sep , 2009 13:25 pm

Steve wrote:Did you unzip the file before you installed or did you try to install from withing the Zip folder?

I would download again, unzip the file then uninstall from add remove programs then reinstall again.
Thanks for the help.

I tried tried this but it made no diffrence. I could not uninstall it as it does not exist in the start and remove programmes. I believe this is because it needs to go through the install process like every other piece of software you would install on the p.c., but in this case, I never get this far because if I try to install it by clicking on setup, nothing happens, except 2 files apear in task manager, which are :- wowexec.exe and setup.exe.

I believe the zip files won't open because they are not for opening by the user, but is un-zipped within the install process. Have you got any idea why it won't install, as so far, I have only been able to use the programme by clicking on the "Mc_des2.exe" icon but I don't think it is actaully installed properly. I have tried using compatibility but this makes no difference.
Any help would be appreciated.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 21 Sep , 2009 10:29 am

There could be some entries in .ini files that you may need to alter (as these would probably have been done by the installation process)
Have a look through the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1182
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2289&p=8121&hilit=win.ini#p8121