FANUC Milling and Turning Offline and Desk Top Tutor FAQ's

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

FANUC Milling and Turning Offline and Desk Top Tutor FAQ's

Post by bradders » Wed 19 Aug , 2009 9:16 am

Denford FANUC Milling and Turning Offline and Desk Top Tutor Software for DOS FAQs

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: FANUC Milling and Turning Offline and Desk Top Tutor FAQ's

Post by bradders » Wed 19 Aug , 2009 9:16 am

Denford FANUC Milling and Turning Offline and Desk Top Tutor Software for DOS FAQs

Q. How do I configure my desk top tutor software to run on a different number serial port, or change the screen display?
A. Use the FANUCMD.GO file.

The FANUCMD.GO is a file supplied on the floppy disk containing the list of drivers used by the software. The file indicates the order in which the drivers are loaded into the memory of the computer when the system first starts up. The default FANUCMD.GO file lists as follows, for offline software with a Desktop Tutor:

FANUCMD.GO
IBM.RS2 1
$2F8 3 COM2
DENFORD.KBD 1
18.2 $3F8 4
VGA.CRT 0
FANUCMD.APP

Some drivers require a number of additional lines as parameters. The number of lines required by the driver is shown by a number written after the driver name. For example, The IBM.RS2 driver loads COM1 at the address $3F8 using interrupt 4 and MACHINE at the address $2F8 using interrupt 3. The last line in the file executes the software specified, ie, FANUCMD.APP

Editing the FANUCMD.GO file:
In some circumstances drivers other than the defaults may be required for your computer set-up. This file can be edited in any DOS text file editor.
Example: To change from a VGA driver to an EGA driver, load the FANUCMD.GO file into the editor. Change line six from 'VGA.CRT 0' to 'EGA.CRT 0'. Save the changes made to disk.
Note - Ensure that the file 'EGA.CRT' can be found on the disk that is being used. If not, it can be copied from the 'drivers floppy disk' shipped with your machine.
Example: To change the Tutor connection from COM 1 to COM 'X', load the FANUCMD.GO file into the editor. Change line five from '18.2 $3F8 4' to one of the choices below, then save the changes made to disk. When run, the software will now expect the Tutor to be connected to COM 'X'.
Choices for COM 'X':
For COM 2 - the new line reads '18.2 $2F8 3'
For COM 3 - the new line reads '18.2 $3E8 4'
For COM 4 - the new line reads '18.2 $2E8 3'
FANUCMD.GO files for CNC machine controlling software:
Change line three from '$2F8 3 COM2' to '$2F8 3 MACHINE'.

Q. I want to edit and simulate a CNC program bigger than 64 KB. What should I do?
A. The DOS offline software can only process data in block sizes of 64KB or less. When you load a program file larger than 64KB, a message will display to indicate that the total file size is too large. Press the [RESET] (or qwerty keyboard equivalent) button to remove this message. The screen background colour will change to purple. The program filename will be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen, as usual. The software will now automatically run in 'drip-feed' mode. This means that when you try to edit or simulate the file, the software will load the file into its' memory in separate but consecutive 64KB blocks, until the whole of the program file has been edited or simulated.

Q. I want to simulate a cnc program for a larger machine tool but I keep getting an 'Move Exceeds Limits' eror message.

A. The Denford Offline programming software comes with default axes limits to match the Denford range of CNC machines. These limits can be made larger by editing the OPTIONS file.
To do this, you use the OPTION.EXE utility (located in the C:\DENFORD directory) to modify the applications option (.OPT) file

The example below configures the Fanuc 0T Offline Programming (FANUCL) software to run with an X axis limit of 200mm and a Z axis limit of 500mm

type...
OPTION FANUCL MOVERANGEX 200
OPTION FANUCL MACHINEEXTENTX 200
OPTION FANUCL MOVERANGEZ 500
OPTION FANUCL MOVERANGEZ 500
The example below configures the Fanuc 0M Offline Programming (FANUCMD) software to run with an X axis limit of 200mm, a Y axis limit of 250mm and a Z axis limit of 500mm
type...
OPTION FANUCMD MOVERANGEX 200
OPTION FANUCMD MACHINEEXTENTX 200
OPTION FANUCMD MOVERANGEY 250
OPTION FANUCMD MOVERANGEY 250
OPTION FANUCMD MOVERANGEZ 500
OPTION FANUCMD MOVERANGEZ 500