anyone know the keymapping for qwerty instead of tutor ?

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

anyone know the keymapping for qwerty instead of tutor ?

Post by audio.fi » Wed 12 Aug , 2009 16:02 pm

Hi

I have been getting help from Mr Magoo and thanks to him, so far, I have now (I think), got the novamill running.

I am using a more modern p.c. with one serial port, so I am trying to use the qwerty keyboard until I can get and old computer to run it on.

Mr Magoo thinks that the software I was using (fanucmd) was the non-operational version for novamill and that I should be using fanucmd for triac.

To this end, I followed his instructions and today, it seemed to start up, i.e. the led on the control board changed from ".L" to either "5" or "S", and it made a humming sound (apart from the fan sound), and the software loaded up, where beforehand, it always aborted with the "error 128" message.

However, now that it might be working, I don't know how to work the qwerty, because all the instructions that came with the mill are for the tutor.

I have got a small amount of info from the forum, i.e. alt-h = home which I did, and then the x-y-z widow appeared, but after that, I cannot get any of the buttons to apparently do anything.

Since Mr Magoo has said that his memory is a bit rusty on this type of dos software (I think I would be rusty as well if I hadn't used this software for 10 years !), does anyone know definitively if I am using the right software, and furthermore, what the mapping of the qwerty keys are, or any infor about getting it to work / how to work it.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: anyone know the keymapping for qwerty instead of tutor ?

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 17 Aug , 2009 14:09 pm

This manual has info on how to use DOS software without a Tutor keypad:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2284

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: anyone know the keymapping for qwerty instead of tutor ?

Post by audio.fi » Mon 17 Aug , 2009 21:47 pm

Denford Admin wrote:This manual has info on how to use DOS software without a Tutor keypad:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2284
Thank you very much for the info. It is exactly what I needed, and I have tested it out and the machine has now home'd properly. Thank you again.