Starturn 5 and Lathecam.

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

rob

Starturn 5 and Lathecam.

Post by rob » Mon 30 Jun , 2008 10:10 am

Hi,

I have a starturn 5 with an LB3 controller. I am trying to get Lathecam to accept the command in the LCD file, for the type of undercut it performs at the end of the thread. I am getting around the problem at the mment by editing out the undercuting lines in the code, which is not very convient, or productive.
As I understand it, the manual says, insert options as required. I have opened the LCD file in Notepad, included the line Thread=0 which is to perform no undercut. In simulationit does an undercut, and in cutting, with no partig tool listed, states machine overtravel.
I hope someone can shed some light on this problem, its probably something I'm not doing, as is mostly the case.

Kind regards,

Rob.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 03 Jul , 2008 10:21 am

Strange - I've looked at the manuals:
viewtopic.php?p=3771#3771

And Thread Undercut=0 should work - are you changing the lcd.ini file with the software running ?
Always edit an ini file with the software closed otherwise it may just re-write its settings back to the file when the software closes and undo any changes you have made.
Also look out for duplicated entries.

HTH