Help with Triac mill using heidenhain v2.98 and desktop tuto

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Dale Gribble
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Help with Triac mill using heidenhain v2.98 and desktop tuto

Post by Dale Gribble » Fri 20 Jun , 2008 17:12 pm

Hello, can anybody help me with a Triac mill running Heidenhain 2.98 software using a desktop tutor. I'm having problems running programs which have more than 10mm Z depth, I've written my own cycle which moves incrementally -2mm then I label call and repeat 5 times program runs fine, if I change the reps to 6 machine reports error "machine limits exceeded". It's the same with any pecking or pocket cycle. The way I am getting around it at the moment is to running cycle through then alter the offset and run cycle again. Any information on this matter would be gratefully received.

Regards Dale

Dale Gribble
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Dale Gribble » Sun 22 Jun , 2008 22:53 pm

I found the problem, at the start of the program it must have blk form details entered. The first line is coordinates of x0 y0 z enter maximum program travel (minus). Second line is size of billet. It does ask for min and max corner radius on each line but I am not to sure what radius it's referring to.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 23 Jun , 2008 9:18 am

Hi,

Its a big download, but we have the Heidenhain TNC 355 programming manual here:
viewtopic.php?t=1173