Error message ??

Help and advice for Denfords lathe control software VR Turning.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

tecteach

Error message ??

Post by tecteach » Tue 24 Nov , 2009 10:33 am

We had a problem with our newturn 270 machine when we tried to part off a piece of mild steel and the machine grabbed and blew a fuse.
We replaced the fuse yesterday and checked the machine spindle turned but when we have come to run our 20mm aluminium part we have the following message appear when we do our 3D simulation :

Program simulation error - 3D tool shape or orientation error

Detail - current tool has wrong cutting paramaters, check tool is not internal when it should be external

We have not changed anything from previous and have machined this part with no problems prior to the above problem.

Please advise ? :delirious:
Why did I choose this profession, cos it aint for the money !

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Error message ??

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 24 Nov , 2009 12:10 pm

It sounds like the tool library in VR Turning has been corrupted somehow - did the fuse also take out the PC ?
The message is basically saying that when the 3D simulation tries to cut into the 3D billlet, the definition of the tools tip is generating some weird geometry.
For example, if you ran a program that uses Tool 1 to turn down the outside diameter of a shaft, but defined Tool 1 to be a drill in the VR software, you would get some very strange simulated results! This message is telling you something similar is happening.
So, check your tools are all correctly defined to match the program.

tecteach

Post by tecteach » Tue 24 Nov , 2009 12:29 pm

Hi,
No the fuse blowing did not take out the PC.
I have checked the tool library in VR Turning and found it is all over the place !

How can I reset the tooling set up back to standard ?
Why did I choose this profession, cos it aint for the money !

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 24 Nov , 2009 13:08 pm

See this post I've just done
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2477