Denford VR Robot and RV-M1

Help and info about Denfords CIM* and Virtual Reality CIM systems Robots and ASRS**
*(Computer Integrated Manufacturing) **(Automated Storage and Retrieval System)

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

pjk1987
Hardware/Software: RV-M1 Mitsubishi Movemaster

Denford Virtual Reality

Denford VR Robot and RV-M1

Post by pjk1987 » Wed 23 Mar , 2011 21:13 pm

Hi

I am trying to configure a Mitsubishi RV-M1 to work in conjunction with Denford VR Robot but constantly encounter problems.

The latest issue I have is that when I connect the robot through the dongle to the pc a security error flags. The error reads as followed:

"Security" Usage rights not found in dongle.

I have a feeling that I am not connecting the robot in the right way so perhaps someone could explain how to connect the robot to a PC that runs Denford VR robot.

Can I connect the robot to just one PC and run Denford VR robot from it?

Also, what are the costs involved in acquiring Denford VR robot software and how do I do so? An old version is installed on the PC network in our laboratory but it was last operated in 1999 and I cannot find any software available to reinstall anything.

Thanks,

Peter

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Denford VR Robot and RV-M1

Post by bradders » Thu 24 Mar , 2011 7:37 am

pjk1987 wrote:Hi

I am trying to configure a Mitsubishi RV-M1 to work in conjunction with Denford VR Robot but constantly encounter problems.

The latest issue I have is that when I connect the robot through the dongle to the pc a security error flags. The error reads as followed:

"Security" Usage rights not found in dongle.

I have a feeling that I am not connecting the robot in the right way so perhaps someone could explain how to connect the robot to a PC that runs Denford VR robot.

Can I connect the robot to just one PC and run Denford VR robot from it?

Also, what are the costs involved in acquiring Denford VR robot software and how do I do so? An old version is installed on the PC network in our laboratory but it was last operated in 1999 and I cannot find any software available to reinstall anything.

Thanks,

Peter
When you say you are "connecting the robot througth the dongle" do you mean that the cable connecting to the robot is plugged into the dongle? if so this is wrong. The connection to the robot is Serial (RS232) and the dongle plugs into the parallel port. With the dongle in the parallel port, search for a DOS app called DRIGHTS.EXE, run this and see if it can see the dongle

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 24 Mar , 2011 9:55 am

If this may help, there is a download for the CIM software here:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/vr_ ... _v1_27.zip
It has not changed for many years and is now obsolete.

pjk1987
Hardware/Software: RV-M1 Mitsubishi Movemaster

Denford Virtual Reality

Post by pjk1987 » Thu 24 Mar , 2011 11:41 am

Thankyou for your help guys, it is much appreciated!

So let me see if I've got this right. I connect the denford dongle into the parallet port, connect the robot to the PC via rs232 and I should be ready to create programs in Denford VR robot and transfer over to the Mitsubishi RV-M1?

I've had a quick look around the laboratory for the old rs232 cables but in case I can't find them, where would I purchase such items?

Thanks

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 24 Mar , 2011 11:54 am

Information and programs that may be of help to you :D :D :D
Attachments
RV-M1 Robot RS232 Cable details.JPG
RV-M1 Robot RS232 Cable details.JPG (41.88 KiB) Viewed 12049 times
Mitsubishi Robot Communicator.rar
(199.24 KiB) Downloaded 1046 times