CIM-Mirac PC (DOS) with Eshed CIM Software

Help and info about Denfords CIM* and Virtual Reality CIM systems Robots and ASRS**
*(Computer Integrated Manufacturing) **(Automated Storage and Retrieval System)

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

CIM-Mirac PC (DOS) with Eshed CIM Software

Post by bradders » Tue 03 Jul , 2007 7:12 am

Customer Writes ...........
CIM Laboratory.
Besides Denford machines, they have some Robots from Eshed. The management software of the CIM was supplied by Eshed also.
In order to set the communication between Mirac PC machine (DOS)
software) with the CIM, we would need to know the command table in ASCI Code for controlling the machine, in remote way.
Could you please inform us this ASCI Code?

It follows some commands:

Open Chuck
Clouse Chuck
Run Program
Stop Program
Open Program
New Command
Upload Program
Last edited by bradders on Tue 03 Jul , 2007 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 03 Jul , 2007 7:14 am

DNC
The Denford controller also recognises the commands “$$MACHINE”, “$$SCREEN” and “$$EXECUTE”. These commands initiate drip-feeding of a NC program.
$$MACHINE executes each block as it is received.
$$SCREEN simulates each block as it is received.
$$EXECUTE executes each block in the current machine mode (AUTO or SIMULATE).
To drip feed a program, put the line ‘$$MACHINE’ at the beginning of the file and the line ‘$$RESET’ at the end. The ‘$$RESET’ command flushes the RS232 buffer and resets the controller to its initial state.
Simulate

Chuck Open - M10 (I/O Signal)
Chuck Close - M11 (I/O Signal)
Door Open - M38 (I/O Signal)
Door Closed - M39 (I/O Signal)

slackebr
Hardware/Software: Mirac PC

Re: CIM-Mirac PC (DOS) with Eshed CIM Software

Post by slackebr » Thu 17 Jun , 2010 19:07 pm

Hi bradders

I'm testing the communication with the equipament using a serial program (withou the DOS program) and I'm having difficults to establish this.
I need, for example, only open and close the door. Using a serial program that sends ASCII commands. Can I send line by line directly the commands below with that syntaxe?

"$$MACHINE"
"M38"
"M39"
"$$RESET"

The objective is to send, for example, a command "open door" via supervisory SCADA with rs232.

Thanks,
Rafael

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Fri 18 Jun , 2010 6:35 am

When we use the $$ commands in our CIM systems

File Transfer
The Denford controller recognises the command “$$MACHINE FROM <filename>”, where ‘filename’ is a valid NC program. If this command is sent over the serial link the controller will load the specified program and immediately start execution. The file name holds a path to the program so, if the machine tool is part of a PC network, the path could specify a Network File-server.

DNC
The Denford controller also recognises the commands “$$MACHINE”, “$$SCREEN” and “$$EXECUTE”. These commands initiate drip-feeding of a NC program.
$$MACHINE executes each block as it is received.
$$SCREEN simulates each block as it is received.
$$EXECUTE executes each block in the current machine mode (AUTO or SIMULATE).
To drip feed a program, put the line ‘$$MACHINE’ at the beginning of the file and the line ‘$$RESET’ at the end. The ‘$$RESET’ command flushes the RS232 buffer and resets the controller to its initial state.
Structure of a CIM program for machine tools
To safely use a Denford Machine Tool in a CIM environment it is recommended that the programming technique explained below is used.
The NC program should be prefixed with the lines:
1. M66 / M76 (wait for input 1 to turn on / off)
2. M62 (set output 1 to on)
3. M39 (close the door)
When this program is executed, it immediately halts at line 1 and waits for confirmation from an external signal (usually provided by the Denford device driver software). Line 2 sends a signal to the device driver to tell it that the machine is busy and line 3 closes the door ready for machining.
At the end of the program (line n) the ‘busy signal’ should be turned off with the lines:
n-2. M38 (open the door)
n-1. M64 (set output 1 to off)
n. M30 (end of program)
The main program can either be directly inserted between the above two sections or it can be stored as a separately and called as a sub-program.
‘M’ code number 98 calls a subprogram, the parameter P holds the name of the program to be called. So in the example above, line 4 could be:
4. M98 P0003; (call sub-program 0003)
Program 0003 will perform the required actions and then execute the M

code ‘M99’ to return to the original calling program. Refer to the machine-tool programming manual for further help.

slackebr
Hardware/Software: Mirac PC

Post by slackebr » Thu 11 Nov , 2010 15:02 pm

Hi bradders,

I read in other topics that I need to configure the files .OPT and .GO to use the commands $$machine. I have a mirac pc - fanuc OT controller (1996) and I want to send commands directly via my software (like a DNC).
Where I can obtain information or documentation about this configuration or you know somebody that can help me?

Thanks for your help,
Rafael