How to setup and preview files away from the UP! Printer ?

Help with the hardware and software of the PP3DP UP! 3D Printer

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

How to setup and preview files away from the UP! Printer ?

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 15 Feb , 2013 10:15 am

A happy UP! customer has asked:
Really like my new UP+ printer.
How hard would it be to make a "fake" printer in a USB pen drive so we can set up and preview files away from the printer.
Then it should be printer ready when the real printer is free

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: How to setup and preview files away from the UP! Printer

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 15 Feb , 2013 10:24 am

I'm not sure what version of software you are using but my 1.17 version will run without needing an UP! printer connected.

If you want to place, rotate and scale a couple of models while the other printer is running you can either:
1. Disconnect the machine USB cable once it has finished sending the current print and then use the UP! software to prepare the next print
or
2. Use the UP! software on another PC to sort out the next print, place your model(s) and adjust them, then click the menu Edit > Merge. Then File>Save and save the 'plate' as an .UP3 file which can be loaded back into the software again and will retain the size, position and orientation of the model(s)...
Attachments
up-up3-files.jpg
up-up3-files.jpg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 8586 times